Do you have a thirst for adventure? Do you enjoy the outdoors? If so, would you like to develop a career in the outdoor and adventurous activities? This course is designed to take you on a challenging and enjoyable journey using the outdoor environment as a basis for developing applied academic knowledge and practical skills. Active and experiential learning are central to the programme, providing students with opportunities to develop their personal skills in range of outdoor activities, achieve industry qualifications and critically evaluate the outdoor environment. The course is delivered through a partnership between Ulster University Sport NI and Tollymore National Outdoor Centre, all staff are active in the outdoors, passionate and are industry recognised educators. The stunning scenery of Northern Ireland provides the backdrop for the course, much of the learning will take place in locations such as the Mourne Mountains and the North Coast. These inspiring environments will provide the reference point for exploring the theory and practice of outdoor sports coaching. The overall aims of the programme are;
- to develop skilled outdoor professionals with the potential to inspire, communicate effectively, think critically, and innovate.
- to critically evaluate contemporary outdoor adventure practice in the context of coaching, leadership, management, technical skills, and environmental perspectives.
- to produce graduates who have gained experience of an in-depth and critical investigation of contemporary issues in the outdoor adventure sector.
- to prepare students for the workplace and further study at post graduate level.
- to enable students to develop their personal performance, entrepreneurship and professional skills through work-based learning in an outdoor adventure setting.
- to critically evaluate the environment and how it is integrated with human interactions and sustainable change.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applicants who meet or are able to meet the entry requirements will also be required to complete a video interview prior to offers being made.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£4710||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£4710||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Course contact details