The professionally-accredited BSc (Hons) Sport Psychology at Liverpool John Moores University is taught in the award-winning Tom Reilly Building. The course offers exciting placement opportunities that are all, uniquely for the sector, both external and pre-sourced across a range of settings from schools, councils, local charities and sports clubs.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Taught by BPS chartered and Health and Care Professions Council registered (HCPC) sport and exercise psychologists
- Based in the £25 million Tom Reilly Building with state-of-the art laboratories
- Guaranteed curriculum placement with our external partners, such as City of Liverpool Rebound Gymnastics Academy, Warrington Rowing Club, Healthiness, professional football clubs and Autism Together
- Includes free applied working field trips. Previous destinations have included to the English Institute for Sport and Manchester United Football Club Academy
- Step one on the career path to becoming a BPS and HCPC registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist
- Benefit from small teaching groups, with more than 65% of all content taught as an individual Sport Psychology programme cohort of approximately 45 students
- Entrepreneurship and employability themes are integrated throughout the programme
- School named 12th best department in the world, 2nd best in the UK and 9th best in Europe out of 450 institutions by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) for sport sciences 2020
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Assessment varies depending on the modules you choose, usually a combination of exams and coursework. All students perform differently depending on how they are assessed, which is why we use a combination of assessment methods. These include: •written assignments (essays, brief response questions) •exams (seen and unseen) •practical work •portfolios (including e-portfolios) •presentations (group and individual) •and reflective practice/diaries You will then complete an independent research dissertation supervised by one of your tutors in your final year. You will be given plenty of help with planning your workload as a full assessment schedule is provided at the start of each academic year. Feedback on all coursework is provided within three weeks of submitting it and may be given via Canvas (our virtual learning environment), face-to-face and/or in writing. You can always arrange one-to-one sessions with your tutors to discuss or clarify issues related to feedback as well. We believe that constructive feedback is vital in helping you identify your strengths as well as the areas where you may need to put in more work.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Prior to starting the programme applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE or • Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths • NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and or Reading • Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English • Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional skills level 2 in Maths/ English
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.