Overview The LLB (Hons) Law with Politics at the University of Worcester provides you with legal knowledge in fundamental subject areas and enables you to develop both practical legal skills and transferable professional skills. Law degrees are highly valued by a wide range of prospective employers. If you decide to pursue a career as a solicitor, the LLB will provide you with a solid grounding for your future preparation for Stage 1 of the Solicitors Qualification Examination (which is required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority). Should you choose to become a barrister, the LLB will also provide a solid foundation for your potential future studies on the Bar Professional Training Course (as required by the Bar Standards Board). Law with Politics at Worcester combines a strong foundation in core principles of law with a valuable insight into related areas of politics. Indeed, the Law with Politics course aims to enhance your knowledge of contemporary politics by contextualising your law studies within a wider focus on Westminster, European, and global political philosophies, systems, and challenges. Key features**
- Enables lawyers to explore related areas of contemporary politics
- Blended theoretical & practical approach brings law and politics to life
- Professional volunteering opportunities develop your knowledge of how law and politics operate in the real world and the local community
- Supportive, encouraging environment
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.