Overview Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives through education? Our community engages with difference. By joining us, you will experience profound change which can enable you to transform the lives of others. By creatively critiquing education we can create suggested ways to make it become more inclusive both inside the classroom and in real-world workplaces, communities, and un-conventional environments. Your first year in this course will help you find your feet in the varied environment of modern education. You will meet a team of education experts who will support you to find your voice within debates surrounding the purpose and practice of education. By your final year, you will know how to find your direction as a specialist educator. Throughout your studies you will explore local, national and international perspectives and delivery of education in all its forms. We value each student’s voice as a member of our inclusive and diverse community of unique lifelong learners. Students who successfully complete this course may apply to post graduate teacher training programmes. Key features
- Our course is focused on values, and at the heart of Education Studies is a focus on social justice. We want you to develop the skills to listen to learners’ voices and help them create the future they deserve.
- Our Academic staff have a wealth of diverse experience. We have backgrounds in alternative styles of learning and understand unusual pathways through the education system.
- We prioritise the individual. Our small class sizes maintain a space for discussion and create a beneficial learning experience for tutors and students.
- Education is more than schools. Our off-site visits include specialist provisions, care farms, PRUs and placements in prison education to provide you with the potential to become a passionate and well-rounded future educator.
- We focus on your ability to effect change in society through education and pay attention to your experiences, specialisms, and educational interests to allow you to explore what matters to you.
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.