This course prepares you for directing patients back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports-specific fitness. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- ACCREDITATION: Accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists, this course gives you the opportunity to become a member of the Society, and upon graduation, you will be eligible to apply for full membership as a graduate sports therapist.
- PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE: Under their expert supervision, you will work with clinics and sports teams through 200 hours of placement, giving you plenty of opportunity to get the applied experience that employers demand. The course runs a student-led Sport Injury Clinic which allows you to gain experience on campus. Previous students have provided therapy services to the British Cycling Team.
- IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE: You will be able to create injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes, and provide assessments and treatments in recreational, training and competitive settings to direct patients back to optimum levels of performance/fitness.
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: To enhance your CV, you’ll have the chance to gain additional qualifications such as the Pitchside First Aid Qualification.
- SCIENTIFIC UNDERSTANDING: You'll understand the rehabilitation process, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy and sports massage.
- EXPERT TEACHING: Our teaching team has vast professional experience in sports therapy and rehabilitation. Staff have built extensive links with sports clubs and provide expert consultancy to elite track and field athletes, golfers and professional footballers.
- FACILITIES: Refine your skills in our sport therapy clinical teaching rooms and laboratories, housed in our specialist Sports Centre.
- Offering a blend of science and practice, the course prepares you for the challenges of sport therapy and rehabilitation. You’ll gain a detailed understanding of the human body in terms of anatomy and movement. You’ll also cover all aspects of the rehabilitation process, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy, and sports massage. By working with clients under expert supervision, you’ll be ready to practise effectively once you graduate. Fieldtrips and work placements will also broaden your outlook. There are opportunities to visit sporting events such as 10 kilometre runs, half marathons and golf tournaments to see the work of the sports therapist at first-hand.
- After graduation, you’ll be equipped for a rewarding and challenging role in sports therapy and rehabilitation. Because our course is aligned to the professional guidelines set out by The Society of Sports Therapists, you’ll be fully prepared to operate as an injury and exercise-based rehabilitation and fitness specialist. If you want to take your knowledge of sport to the next level, this degree also acts as a gateway to postgraduate study.
- This course is also available with a Foundation Year option.
- This course is also available with an Industrial Placement Year.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Course contact detailsVisit our course page