You will receive specialist knowledge and training in clinical nutrition especially designed for doctors, nurses and pharmacists. You will also gain in-depth, evidence-based knowledge of clinical nutrition and have the opportunity to undertake clinical case studies. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- Top 10 in UK for Medicine (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Growing need for suitable qualified clinical nutritionists who are already qualified health professionals.
- Receive training in evidence-based nutritional practice for you to expand your knowledge.
- Opportunities to assess nutritional needs of patients and to discuss the contribution of nutrition to the cause, progress and treatment of their disease.
- Learn to communicate better, the nutritional aspects of clinical care to health professionals.
- Reflect on clinical practice and how it can inform local protocols and highlight learning points for your own practice.
- Highly trained, enthusiastic and experienced staff when it comes to Clinical Nutrition courses.
- Taught by an international teaching and clinical staff and external experts.
- Develop a substantial research proposal as a team, gaining valuable skills for future employment.
- Build a range of transferable skills, for example critical review skills, which are highly sought after within the competitive job market, are integrated and embedded in the programme.
- Observe clinical work at Yorkhill Hospital and Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'.
You must be a clinical health professional and therefore have a degree in medicine, nursing or pharmacy from an institution recognised by the University Court. If you apply for Clinical Nutrition but are ineligible you will be considered for Human Nutrition with specialisation in Clinical Nutrition (please see our page on Human Nutrition). You are required to provide two references, a full degree transcript and a personal statement with your application.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.
University of Glasgow
The Fraser Building
65 Hillhead Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Nutrition Course Enquiries
0141 330 4515