Study economics and finance to discover the impact of financial decisions made by individuals and businesses on consumers, workers, industry, commerce and the government. From global events such as credit crunches to the closure of our favourite high street stores, explore the impact finance and the economy have on the world around you. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Develop valuable analytical skills in finance and economics that will prepare you for the workplace
- Discover how financial decisions made by individuals and businesses affect consumers, workers, industry, commerce and government
- Gain a thorough understanding of financial markets and the structure of business organisations
- 100% of BA (Hons) Economics & Finance graduates in work or further study 15 months after graduation*
- Work alongside a team of research active lecturers with professional experience
- Utilise the university's strong local and national business links and take a paid work placement
- Listen and network with industry leaders at the Business School's guest lecture series
- Develop valuable analytical skills that are relevant in a variety of workplace settings
- Uncover how the decisions made by business leaders affect everyday customers
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Introduction to Accounting
- The UK Economy
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods: Statistics
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Financial Statement Preparation
- Introduction to Economic Thought
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods: Concepts
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Financial Markets & Corporate Financial Decisions
- Contemporary Economic Thought
- Financial Management
- Economics & Methodology
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Finance & Investment Management
- Financial Institutions & Regulation in the UK Economy
- Finance – Corporations & Markets
- Economics, Management & Finance in the Public Sector
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|