Overview Develop your clinical skills (including assessment, formulation, intervention design and evaluation) and knowledge of theories related to promoting psychological wellbeing. Evaluate therapeutic methods and enhance your reflective practice. For your masters, you’ll complete a service-based dissertation project focused upon developing and advancing care and practice in a particular area. We’ve designed this course for practitioners working across mental health services, from nursing to social work. It focuses on person-centred care in mental health settings and shaping professional practice values. The course is designed to introduce core clinical competencies, as outlined by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Through the core units, you will develop a thorough understanding of theoretical and practice frameworks in mental health settings, reflective practice and practitioner wellbeing. You will explore popular therapeutic approaches (including cognitive behavioural therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, and motivational interviewing) and develop your awareness of clinical skills, such as assessment, formulation, intervention design and evaluation. You’ll apply your practical knowledge through your postgraduate research. You might investigate a particular psychological intervention for clients or members of staff, conduct a service audit or evaluation project, or produce an explorative project around how a psychological service caters for their clients. Features and benefits
- Expand your knowledge - You’ll develop your therapeutic and clinical skills, theoretical knowledge, applied research skills, and strategies to maintain your wellbeing as a practitioner.
- Research project - You’ll complete a service-based dissertation project, informing practice through research.
- Contemporary teaching - Our teaching staff includes practitioner psychologists and researchers in the areas of clinical, counselling and health psychology.
- Research active department - Our department is home to the Stress, Health and Performance Research Group and our staff engage in a wide range of research areas, including health and psychological interventions, and neuropsychobiology.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- British Psychological Society
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course