Technology and data science is revolutionising the way health and social care is delivered around the world. This course will fuse your understanding of computer science and healthcare, teaching you the technological skills needed to drive global change. Why study MSc Digital Health at BU?
- Bridging the knowledge gap between healthcare and computing, you’ll graduate with the skills needed to address today’s and tomorrow’s design challenges in developing digital health solutions
- Gain a critical understanding of advanced theoretical knowledge, methods and concepts of relevant digital health technologies required for supporting healthcare and social care services and products
- Develop specialised technical knowledge and practical skills to take a professional approach to the planning, design and management of digital health products to address real-world healthcare and social care problems
- If your first degree is computing or healthcare-related, this course will give you the knowledge and skills to become a visionary digital health technologist
- You’ll understand the healthcare and social care perspective and create a strategic view of digital health product development, as well as manage and lead the development of such products and services.
Core units - Research Methods for Health & Social Care; Foundations of Health Information Systems; Integrated Digital Healthcare Project; Human-Centred Design; Individual Masters Project. Option units (choose two) - Data Management; Blockchain & Digital Futures; Accessibility & Assistive Technology; Persuasive Technology & Behaviour Change; Smart Systems.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject: Computer Science/IT, Engineering, Design, Health and Social Care, Medical Science, Psychology, Business, Law, Forensic Science or MSc in any subject, or similar. IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.