- Our MSc Emergency Management in High Hazard Industries course is designed for professionals, emergency managers and planners who have responsibility for preparing for and responding to emergencies.
- It’s ideal for those engaged in the nuclear, petrochemical, oil refinery, pipeline, ports and aviation industries. It’s also ideal for professionals in government services (Police, Fire, Military, Health) who are likely to work in high hazard environments.
- We’ve designed this course to meet the requirements of governments and commercial organisations to ensure that you gain the skills and knowledge you need to deal with large-scale emergencies and ensure business continuity and services. We’ll cover the procedures, techniques and forms of organisation used in managing disasters, crisis situations and major incidents so that you can develop management processes for use in emergency situations, including the ability to anticipate unexpected developments.
- You’ll have access to our Hydra Minerva Suite, a state-of-the-art simulation facility which allows you to experience command centre management of major incidents. Everything from plane crashes to the search for a missing child can be authentically recreated, enabling you to gain critical decision-making skills.
- Get hands-on experience of managing a crisis with our Hydra Minerva Suite, a state-of-the-art facility which simulates an emergency command centre.
- This is a flexible course which you can study full-time or part-time. So if you are a current emergency management professional, you can combine your work role with this professional development opportunity.
- Ideal for professionals who will be called on to respond to emergencies at Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) sites, nuclear sites, airports, utilities companies, etc.
2:2 Degree or it's international equivalent. Professional qualification deemed to be honours degree 2:2 equivalent will also be considered.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course