This new programme will equip students with the knowledge and skills required to tackle the challenges related to cancer diagnosis and treatment in the 21st Century. The programme will integrate an in-depth understanding of the molecular basis of cancer with the knowledge and skills required to rapidly translate this understanding to new personalized treatment protocols and diagnostic tools. Individuals with this dual expertise are essential in the rapidly advancing field of precision oncology. Courses will be delivered by expert scientists and clinicians from the world-renowned Edinburgh Medical School. They will include:
- Molecular Biology of Cancer 1: the hallmarks of cancer (including how the hallmarks of specific cancer types are targeted to improve patient outcomes)
- Precision Oncology 1: Multi-omics approaches in oncology
- Core data analysis and presentation skills in cancer
- Molecular Biology of Cancer 2: tumour host interactions (focused on immune-oncology)
- Precision Oncology 2: Cancer Drug Discovery and Clinical Application
See the University of Edinburgh website for detailed programme information.
Entry requirements for individual programmes vary, so please check the details for the specific programme you wish to apply for on the University of Edinburgh website. You will also need to meet the University’s language requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
The University of Edinburgh
Student Recruitment and Admissions
33 Buccleuch Place