Overview Our MA Educational Leadership masters is a flexible course for anyone interested in critically exploring educational leadership. We offer a full-time and part-time route, as well as an offsite provision so that you can study at a pace that suits you. Whether you are a current or aspiring leader in education or a related field, our course appeals to a variety of backgrounds and professions. You’ll be joining a diverse and thriving community of postgraduate students from the UK and across the world. You’ll critically analyse the key approaches and debates in the field of educational leadership from UK and global perspectives and develop your understanding of different leadership models. You’ll evaluate and learn to think with a range of theoretical frameworks to deepen your critical analysis of leadership. You’ll also use theory to examine and challenge your own beliefs and assumptions. This will enable you to reframe how educational leadership is practised and contribute to new and innovative methods for the future. We aim to empower you to approach your own research with confidence. You’ll extend your understanding of research techniques to prepare you for completing your own dissertation. You’ll be supported by active researchers in our internationally renowned Educational and Social Research Institute (ESRI). We’ve designed this postgraduate course to allow you to specialise and focus on areas of education that interest you. You can choose option units based on work by world-class researchers in the Faculty of Health and Education. Features and benefits
- World-class research informed teaching - you’ll be taught by teacher-researchers, many of whom are global experts in their fields. This includes researchers from our internationally renowned Education and Social Research Institute (ESRI). Work closely with expert researchers as part of your dissertation to help you shape and carry out your own research project.
- Offsite Delivery - Within our part-time route we offer two core modules for offsite teaching. You’ll have the opportunity to learn at your place of employment under the guidance of our university tutor.
- Expert dissertation support - You can work closely with expert researchers from ESRI as part of your dissertation to help you shape and carry out your own research project. Expertise spans areas such as early childhood, literacy, STEM, and global educational trends.
- Join a diverse postgraduate community - You’ll become a part of a thriving community of postgraduate learners from a variety of professional backgrounds in the UK and across the world. This network helps to enhance your learning experience and further support you through your studies.
- Flexible learning – Study either part-time or full-time so that you can fit your masters around your other commitments.
- Tailored to you – We’ve designed this course so that you can shape your learning journey to your individual interests. Choose option units and coursework topics to reflect specialisms in your personal and professional interests.
- Expand your knowledge – Focus on the field of educational leadership and use your learning to reframe how educational leadership is practiced and contribute to new and innovative perspectives for the future.
- Study in a thriving education city – With a diverse and energetic scene, Manchester is one of the UK’s largest and most popular student cities. Our University shares the city’s strong national and international education links which can support and enhance your learning.
- Recognition of prior learning – If you have a National Professional Qualification in Leadership, apply for the learning to be recognised as a contribution towards your MA and reduce the number of taught units you need to complete.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 6969