The strategic use of finance is key to the success of every business. Enhance your career options with this programme which will provide you with the skills and knowledge to enter a range of industries, including banking, corporate finance, fund management, wealth management, international finance, and a host of other areas. As one of the world’s top financial centres, London provides the perfect background location for this programme, which explores various aspects of finance and investment, including global investing, derivatives, wealth management, compliance and regulation, international finance, and more. You will explore topics vital to the finance industry such as corporate valuation, regulation, and derivatives. Gain an understanding of key tools in finance and investment such as risk measurement and management, asset pricing, the cost of capital, interest rates, and exchange rates. In the third and fourth year of this programme, you can extend your specialist skills by choosing options which interest you, from a range of courses including, Derivatives, International Finance, Quantitative Models in Finance, and Wealth Management. You can gain a thorough understanding of what it’s like to be a true finance professional by working with Eikon, providing real time market data, news, analytics, and trading. Together with the chance to gain valuable internship experience in a financial role within an organisation, you’ll gain vital familiarity and skills required by global employers in this competitive industry. Our academics are experts in the worlds of finance and investment. Their work is enhanced with regular guest speakers whoo provide further insight. On completing this programme, students will be able to apply for four exemptions (all certificate level) from The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the world’s largest professional body of management accountants, entering into their Operational Level. Top reasons to study this programme:
- Learn within the flexible Liberal Arts framework. Choose your own path – find out more about the Liberal Arts - https://www.richmond.ac.uk/about-richmond/the-liberal-arts/
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the world of finance and the tools needed to succeed in the worlds of corporate finance, investment banking and international wealth management
- Experience new courses in finance which have been pioneered by the University for undergraduate teaching
- Benefit from practical work experience in a finance-based, integrated internship
- Learn a variety of key business skills such as problem solving, data analysis, IT and communication skills, all highly valued by employers
- Study in an international environment in London, a world-leading financial and investment centre
- Complement the study of Finance and Investment with valuable minors from academic disciplines such as Maths, Law or Sustainability, further improving your employability
We offer 4-year Liberal Arts and Business BA degrees. Students entering with A levels or other level 3 qualifications usually gain exemptions from courses in the Richmond Core Curriculum which can mean that you should be able to complete your degree in less than four academic years. The interdisciplinary Liberal Arts approach offers not just breadth but also depth of study and encourages students to make sounds judgements and think independently. A Liberal Arts education is one which encourages you to explore a wide range of subjects and programmes. It reaches across disciplines, building connections between different academic areas such as literature, science, mathematics, writing, business and psychology. Upon entry to Richmond University all students study the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum before specialising in their chosen field.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Chiswick Park Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|