Course Overview Keen to work in youth justice, NHS trusts, private hospitals, children's services, social services, family centres or children's homes? Our two-year FdA Health and Social Care programme is for you. Why study with us
- Simulated learning experience is provided for health students within contemporary skills laboratories including a community flat and counselling and consultation rooms.
- This programme can lead to a wide variety of other courses and studies, including Social Work, Community and Social Care, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Operating Department Practice and Sports Therapy.
- There’s opportunity for international travel and work experience, including volunteering in countries such as Zambia and Kenya.
- Placement opportunities allow you to apply your skills and knowledge in an area of practice that interests you, providing a firm basis for your future career.
- You will focus on your personal and professional development throughout the course and will integrate your skills and knowledge in academic and work-based settings.
- Optional modules explore long-term conditions, end of life care, mental health, and rehabilitation practice.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Additional entry requirements
A Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland) is required for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Central Lancashire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page