Writtle University College has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Why you should study Animal Science and Management at WUC…
- Our BSc (Hons) Animal Science received 100% overall student satisfaction in 2017.
- You are able to specialise in a species of your choice.
- We have over 250 species of animals on campus, including exotic, companion, farm animals and wildlife.
- Our facilities include a farm, canine therapy centre, equine and animal centre and labs.
- You will get specialist tours of zoos, farms and laboratories including the opportunity to visit Colchester Zoo and its Umphafa Nature Reserve in South Africa, The Aspinall Foundation, The Sanger Institute and The Animal Health Trust.
- We are an educational member of the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums, an academic association member of the British Society of Animal Science and a link institution for the Universities Federation for Animal Welfare.
- Our staff and students present at top national and international animal conferences and produce leading research.
- We will provide you with the key skills, understanding, knowledge and practical experience to pursue your dream career.
- Our courses combine a sound academic base in science with a range of practical husbandry and management skills.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
|UCAS Tariff||96 points||96 UCAS tariff points, to include one GCE A level grade C or above A minimum of four GCSEs grade A*–C (9-4) including, English Language, Mathematics and Science|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMM|
|Access to HE Diploma||Writtle University College welcomes applicants studying Access to HE Diploma courses. For more information please contact [email protected]|
|Scottish Higher||96 UCAS tariff points, to include 3 x B An equivalent or higher combination of grades to that indicated above will also be accepted.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points||Total (IB) Diploma point score of 24 or more|
|Extended Project||Writtle University College welcomes applicants studying the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). For more information please contact [email protected]|
|Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||96 UCAS tariff points, to include 3 x HE (B1) higher An equivalent or higher combination of grades to that indicated above will also be accepted.|
If you have any questions regarding our entry criteria please email [email protected]
Additional entry requirements
The entry requirements listed represent typical offers for some of the most popular courses. We use the UCAS tariff when making offers and to determine whether you have met the conditions of our offer. Applicants are selected on their individual merits and offers can vary. We have an inclusive Admissions policy which recognises a broad range of qualifications, both academic and vocational and take into account relevant practical skills. Applicants studying a mixture of qualifications (e.g. A Level with BTEC, Advanced Technical Diplomas) are also warmly welcomed. Please contact our undergraduate Admissions Team for further advice on our entry requirements. Telephone: +44 (0)1245 424200 Email: [email protected]
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|