There’s a growing demand for professionals with skills in wildlife protection, biodiversity conservation and ecosystem management. This course will give you a solid scientific grounding in the science of ecology and how it can be used to conserve species. Why study BSc (Hons) Ecology & Wildlife Conservation with Foundation Year at BU?
- Learn from expert academics, professional practitioners and guest speakers who will guide you through the wider social and legal context in which ecological conservation operates.
- Gain practical experience with opportunities for fieldwork in a fantastic variety of local habitats including forests, meadows, heaths and maritime environments.
- Undertake a 5-week placement in your first year as well as an additional 5-week or 30-week placement in your third year.
- Select subjects that match your personal passions and ambitions as the course has a wide range of options units.
- Engage in our many staff research collaborations with conservation organisation.
- Engage in our many staff research collaborations with conservation organisation and be part of a thriving network of staff, students and professional practitioners working together for wildlife conservation.
- You'll be career ready, with 95% of graduates in employment or further study within fifteen months of finishing the course. (source DiscoverUni 2022)
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Applied Sciences; Academic and Professional Study Skills; Introduction to Biology; Introduction to Psychology; Mathematics in Science; and Foundation Year Project. In Year 1, as part of the degree, you'll study these core units: Diversity of Life, Ecology, Scientific Research Skills, Physical Geography, Field Trip and Wildlife Protection.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|