Big data is big business. As technology becomes more sophisticated, the power to harness information becomes more valuable. To keep up with competition and progress, businesses need graduates who can harness the power of big data, spot new opportunities and efficiencies. This course gives you the ability to understand the applications, identify the opportunities and master the tools that turn business analytics into business impact. You’ll cover a balance of techniques and practical skills, learning how big data can deliver the kind of insights that can cut costs, deliver efficiency and boost profits. There are a range of option units on offer, while your dissertation will offer you the chance to dive deep into a topic that interests you, so you’ll find plenty of opportunities to tailor your studies around your ambitions. Learn from the experts While it’s a specialist field at the forefront of analytics, you don’t need advanced technical skills or a degree in business intelligence or analytics to join us. You can enrol with no prior knowledge of business or management, and develop the expertise needed for specialist roles in this rewarding field. To explore the sector, you’ll get valuable insights into the important role business analysis plays in modern organisations through our guest lecture series. We invite experienced and active professionals from different areas of the industry to give you an idea of the potential career paths available to you when you graduate. Features and Benefits
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Taught by experts - this course is delivered by academics who have their feet firmly in the world of consulting and they bring that practical experience into the classroom.
- Customisable degree – this course allows you to tailor your degree to specialise in areas that interest you the most.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, innovative start-ups and a thriving tech scene, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional networks.
- Real-life learning – apply your new skills outside of your course, with an opportunity to take short-term internships with employers in the city.
- Unique insights – learn from guest lecturers who are leading professionals.
- Employability – attend a series of key industry events and masterclasses throughout your course and network with recruiting businesses.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. We’ll also welcome an application if you don’t have a degree, but you have the equivalent professional qualification or significant relevant management experience. This course is suitable to students with a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. It aims to equip those who wish to pursue a managerial career with the required skills to understand and apply knowledge and understanding of Business Analytics. However, it should be noted that applicants are not expected to possess any significant technical skills when applying for this course. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course