Big data is big business. As technology becomes more sophisticated, the power to harness information becomes more valuable. To keep up with competition and progress, businesses need graduates who can harness the power of big data and spot new opportunities and efficiencies. This course gives you the ability to understand the applications, identify the opportunities and master the tools that turn business analytics into business impact. You will cover a balance of techniques and practical skills, learning how big data can deliver the kind of insights that can cut costs, deliver efficiency and boost profits. There are a range of optional units on offer, while your dissertation will offer you the chance to dive deep into a topic that interests you, so you will find plenty of opportunities to tailor your studies around your ambitions. Learn from the experts While it is a specialist field at the forefront of analytics, you do not need advanced technical skills or a degree in business intelligence or analytics to join us. You can enrol with no prior knowledge of business or management, and develop the expertise needed for specialist roles in this rewarding field. To explore the sector, you will get valuable insights into the important role business analysis plays in modern organisations through our guest lecture series. We invite experienced and active professionals from different areas of the industry to give you an idea of the potential career paths available to you when you graduate. Features and Benefits
- Internationally recognised – our Business School is named in the QS World University Rankings 2023 for masters in Business Analytics. We achieved this position through demonstrating a level of excellence in employability, thought leadership and diversity.
- Taught by experts - this course is delivered by academics who have their feet firmly in the world of consulting and they bring that practical experience into the classroom.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Rise programme – all students are eligible to take part in curricular activities with Rise. These might include volunteering, project work and certifications.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, innovative start-ups and a thriving tech scene, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional networks.
- Unique insights – learn from guest lecturers who are leading professionals.
- Employability – attend a series of key industry events and masterclasses throughout your course and network with recruiting businesses.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course