On this Master of Research (MRes), you'll be supported to build a bespoke programme of advanced research and study to match your personal and professional interests - you can learn a language, explore palaeography, broaden your field of study, or complete a work placement. The History pathway showcases a wide and exciting range of studies across time and place, from medieval to modern, from local to global. Why study this course?
- Keele is ranked among the UK Top 10 universities for the research opportunities offered to postgraduate students (Postgraduate Research Experience Survey, 2019)
- Choose to specialise in English, Film, History, Media, or Music, tailoring your degree around your research and career plans, supported by one-to-one expert supervision
- High staff-to-student ratio enhanced by small-group tutorials and a strong, inclusive research community with discipline-specific research training provided throughout the course
- Opportunity to undertake a work placement – past students have gone into local schools, the National Trust, and Staffordshire and Stoke Archive Service
- Keele is a member of the North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership (NWCDTP) and the North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP)
For information regarding modules for this course, please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
Undergraduate degree with at least a Second-Class, upper division Honours degree (2:1) or international equivalent. An academic reference may be requested to further your application. ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component . The University also accepts a range of internationally recognised English tests. If you do not meet the English language requirements, the University offers a range of English language preparation programmes. During your degree programme you can study additional english language courses. This means you can continue to improve your English language skills and gain a higher level of English.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course