With its strong emphasis on real-world and real-work experience, this entrepreneurial-focused course gives you the skills you need to achieve success producing first-class television studio and film work. The degree offers a business-based approach to TV and film production, providing you with the knowledge and expertise you need to establish a successful career in this dynamic industry. In your first year, you explore creating content; film and TV studio production; and reading the screen. Later units include freelancing; fiction film-making; and writing for the screen. You also work independently on a special film or TV project of your own choosing. Why choose this course?
- Produce your own work in our industry-standard production and post-production studio facilities, giving you a head-start if you wish to set up your own production company
- Learn from studying with an academic team with key roles in the British film industry, many of whom have made documentaries and dramas for TV, cinema and gallery exhibitions
- Develop your skills and take on live creative briefs through our links with the local film and TV community, including Luton Culture and Clearhead Productions
- Broadcast your own work and assist with the running of a TV studio through BedsTV, the University’s student-run online television channel
- Build your professional knowledge by exploring the business issues that affect television broadcasting in the UK
- Benefit from learning key transferable skills in communication, team working, critical evaluation and analysis
Areas of study include:
- Content and Creation
- Film Production
- Making Images
- Making Sound
- Reading the Screen
- Becoming a Freelancer
- Cinema and Narrative
- Fiction Filmmaking
- TV Studio Music
- Writing for the Screen
- BedsTV: Studio
- Post Production for Sound and Image
- Research, Development and Industry
- Major Project: Film and Tv Production
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course