Overview The University of Worcester has a strong reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative and contemporary nurse education. You can apply to study one of 3 different fields of practice: BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Children’s) or BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health). Our exciting and transformational nursing degree has been developed collaboratively with practice partners, service users and students. This development was in response to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC 2018) Future Nurse: Standards of Proficiency for Registered Nurses and Realising Professionalism: Standards for Education and Training. At its heart is the recognition that nursing is an evolving professional, practice-based and academic discipline. Due to excellent teaching and innovation, our nursing degree has been a Student Nursing Times finalist for Nurse Education Provider (Pre-Registration) of the year seven times, an all-time record for an English University. The University was also nominated for Pre-Registration Provider of the Year 2021. In 2018, 99% of leavers were in employment or further study, with 100% of the leavers in employment working in nursing roles. In 2019/20 this continued making a significant contribution to the local NHS workforce during the Covid-19 pandemic. Key Features
- Emphasis is on learning in diverse, supportive learning environments with 50% of the course embedded in the practice setting.
- Skills and simulation centre providing outstanding facilities to safely practice nursing interventions in a supportive environment, allowing the development of enhanced technical skills.
- Enhanced practice learning days rooted in clinical practice, provide opportunities to consolidate practice learning.
- Visiting lecturers including experienced and senior clinical nurses and patients, their families and carers, providing a unique insight into their experiences of healthcare.
- Opportunities to complete either a UK or international elective placement, for example, in Finland, Denmark, Ireland and Tanzania.
- On successful completion of the BSc (Hons) Nursing programme, you will be eligible to apply for Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page