The Civil and Environmental Engineering courses at Coventry University is well established as a cornerstone of the education provision by the School of Energy, Construction and Environment. The School offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses related to the field of construction and it prides itself on offering an educational experience that reflects the interdisciplinary and global nature of the construction industry Our environmental engineering courses are based on the UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education’s benchmark for engineering, as well as incorporating aspects of the benchmark for earth sciences, environmental sciences and environmental studies. Designed to meet the needs of niche and highly specialised national and international markets, tailored to the requirements of an integrated civil and environmental engineering sector, they deliver all necessary learning outcomes of the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence. This course aims to develop the combination of technical, practical and managerial skills necessary to analyse, design and manage solutions for innovative and complex engineering problems as a basis for future leadership in the civil engineering profession. We will cover study subjects that can give you the necessary technical and managerial skills with applied scientific and mathematical knowledge for managing the natural and man-made impacts and risks on the built environment. Upon completion, you will have the knowledge to lead on sustainable infrastructure development, able to make the most of existing and emerging science and technology for sustainable design, environmental and engineering analysis and practices, development, health and safety and environmental risk management in both urban and rural areas. At the same time, you should develop a deeper understanding of environmental engineering in the form of technical, legal, ethical and commercial management (eg. in water, wastewater, flood, pollution and energy management field with socio-economic and environmental). Key Course Benefits *Expert visiting lecture programme which in the past has featured the chairman of Geotechnics Ltd, Director of Morgan Sindall Infrastructure solutions, Technical Director form Arup, Project Engineer from Cowi, and Fellows of the ICE. *Access to the University’s Simulation Centre, which is the most advanced interactive people training and development centre in the UK. Its bespoke programmes, combined with cutting-edge technology which is unique in the UK, helps students, companies and organisations across a range of sectors in training and development. The use of the centre’s Learning Curve interactive screen and real-life scenarios using specially trained actors, not only improve skills but helps develop new ways of working by engaging our students in role play to develop their leadership and management skills. A control room in the simulation centre monitors the activity of students via cameras allowing staff to provide immediate feedback.
Our main study themes are:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Management (HSERM): We aim to make you aware of and reminded of the importance of public and occupational health and safety, environmental risk assessment and management from the start to the end of your course. You will also be encouraged to consider the HERM aspects within your laboratory and field-based coursework and propose precautions that could be taken to avoid or manage them.
- Environmental Engineering and Sustainable development (EESD): We aim to develop your understanding of the linkage between and balanced approach required for environmental sustainability and engineering development. You should learn how to apply environmental science, appropriate technology and sustainable environmental risk management principles and technologies.
- Engineering and Environmental design, analysis and practices (EDAP): We aimed to provide knowledge in Structure, Geo-technics, Material, Hydraulic with required Maths & basic surveying for you to develop your skills in design, analysis and practices. These programmes are designed to develop your skills in creative but sustainable design, critical analysis by independent learning, judgement and teamworking to solve practical problems, via a series of individual and group projects. It should give you practise and insight into the role of the engineer as a planner, designer analysist and a project manager. You will develop an effective approach to perform engineering and environmental design, analysis and communicate, demonstrate and deliver the outputs and outcomes with confidence and clarity.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Civil Engineers, Institution of
- Structural Engineers, Institution of
- Chartered institution of Highways & Transportation Civil Engineers, The Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that total the equivalent of three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to attend an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152