Why this course?
- Silver in the 2023 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) for delivering high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students
- Progress to the BA Early Childhood studies and achieve a level 6 Graduate Practitioner Competencies by completing an assessed work placement in your final year
- Roehampton is internationally renowned for its work in early childhood studies. This course takes a distinctive Froebelian approach to the study of early years
- Access the Froebel Archive, containing rare books, toys and photos, collected over the past 200 years.
- Education Contexts (including compulsory placement)
- Babies and Toddlers
- Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood
- Froebelian Perspectives
- Being a Professional in the Early Childhood sector
- Developing knowledge, skills and confidence to act as an advocate for babies, young children, their families and communities
- Understanding policy and practice, and learning to engage in critical inquiry and problem solving around key issues in the field
- Working as an education professional in primary and nursery care (teaching, administration or management)*
- A special needs professional in schools, children centres and the community
- A children's charity undertaking policy and research, in community support, welfare or housing
- An NGO or central or local government department
Modules include: Education Contexts (including compulsory placement), Babies and Toddlers, Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood, Froebelian Perspectives, Being a Professional in the Early Childhood sector
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding