Aberystwyth University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
If you're interested in a subject that is exciting, dynamic and one that will combine elements of consumer behaviour, psychology, management, human resources and culture, then the Accounting and Finance with Marketing degree at Aberystwyth University is the course for you. Aberystwyth Business School is an accredited Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) gateway centre, which means you could gain exemptions to the modules that the CIM offers. The Accounting and Finance component of this degree is also accredited by various professional bodies which include the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Why study Accounting and Finance with Marketing at Aberystwyth University?
- The Marketing component of this degree allows you to explore the changing use of information technology and digital media for marketing purposes in a creative and innovative way. In addition, the range of marketing modules that are on offer enables you to discover the multidisciplinary understanding of marketing which employers increasingly demand.
- Across the two subject areas (Accounting/ Finance and Marketing) you will be taught by experts who have experience and knowledge of the specialist areas at an industry level.
- The Accounting and Finance component of this course will focus on developing your skills and knowledge in financial measurement and disclosure has on cash-flow, internal policy, and management systems. This will enlighten your understanding of how financial data may be used in order to inform and influence managers, investors and decision makers and how the presentation of financial information can impact on the longevity (and profitability/ sustainability) of a company or public sector organisation.
- This programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations which make you more appealing to future employers.
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Marketing and Digital Marketing Executives;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant;
- Accountant Technician.
- Tax Advisory;
- Investment Analyst;
- Financial Trader;
- Retail Banker;
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site (Aberystwyth)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants are selected on their individual merits and offers can vary. We allow you flexibility in meeting our entry requirements, and all qualifications that you have already gained, or are working towards, will be considered when reviewing your application. We have an inclusive policy which recognises a broad range of qualifications. The entry requirements listed above represent typical offers for some of the most popular qualifications taken by applicants. If you cannot find the qualifications that you are studying (or have previously studied) please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Office (Telephone: +44 (0)1970 622021; Email: [email protected]) for advice on your eligibility and details of the typical offer you are likely to receive.
Additional entry requirements
A minimum grade C or grade 4 pass in GCSE (or equivalent) English or Welsh is a requirement for entry to all our degree schemes. Business, Mathematics, Psychology and Science degree schemes also require a minimum grade C or grade 4 pass in GCSE (or equivalent).
English language requirements
|Cambridge English Advanced||B|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||C|
|IELTS (Academic)||6||With minimum 5.5 in each component.|
|PTE Academic||62||With minimum scores of 51 in each component.|
|TOEFL (iBT)||88||With minimum scores in components as follows: Listening 21; Writing 21; Reading 22; Speaking 23.|
If you are an international student needing more information about the English Language requirement for your course (e.g. country-specific English Language tests, Partner Institution tests, EU/EEA English Language qualifications where the school curriculum is taught in a native language) please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office for further advice.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Aberystwyth University offers a valuable package of scholarships and bursaries to support students. Our long-established Entrance Examination competition means you could get up to £2,000 a year towards your living and study costs. You can combine that with any or all of our other awards, to make your financial package more valuable. Our awards include Sport and Music Scholarships, Bursaries for Care Leavers/Young Carers/Estranged Students and a range of department specific awards. Please visit our website for full details.
Clearing contact detailsSign-up for the latest Clearing updates
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Aberystwyth Business School (undergraduate enquiries)
+44 (0)1970 622500
Undergraduate Admissions Office (undergraduate enquiries)