*this programme is subject to validation. The BSc (Hons) Games Development degree focuses on the creative development, design, and production aspects of computer games development. Situated within the suite of creative digital programmes offering you the opportunity to collaborate in an authentic creative production pipeline environment working with games designers, animators, special effect students, along with the wider Media Arts and Institute of Arts community. COURSE OVERVIEW Working in multi-disciplinary (creative and technical) teams through the development of computer games. Bsc Games Development Programme combines technology and creativity in a multidisciplinary way. The game industry continues to be an expanding and challenging sector with continually evolving ideas and cutting-edge technologies. This course covers the major technical aspects of the computer games development process from design to production. It aims to prepare students for a career in Game Industry with a particular emphasis on computer games development. The course provides students with a solid understanding of game technologies including programming, computer graphics, and game engines. ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Work on industry-led briefs allowing you to develop your autonomy, creativity and professionalism for your chosen specialism.
- Understand programming principles and their relation to coding development, and demonstrate developing games for new platforms and their associated operating systems.
- Be encouraged to take a critical and analytical approach to gameplay narrative and storytelling through the simulation of collaborative studio working groups, lectures and group critique sessions.
- Undertake group projects which will simulate the workflow of a professional studio, and be introduced to a range of research methodologies and approaches.
- Attend workshops with guest speakers - adding value to your learning experience where you can share your work with the professionals through activities and screenings.
- Be introduced to a range of new game interfaces and developing technologies, giving you confidence in new technical competences with forms of interaction.
- Gaming For Game Designers
- Visual Storytelling
- Coding for Games and Digital Media 1
- Cultural Contexts
- Collaborative Practice
- Creative Technologies
- Concept to Prototype
- Games Creation – Design to Distribution
- Coding for Games and Digital Media 2
- Game Technologies Workshop
- Markets, Audiences & Exhibition
- Group Game Project
- Theory & Research Methods in the Arts
- Media Arts Dissertation
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Brampton Road
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Cumbria
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Centre