This programme will deliver a highly regarded professional education in real estate. It has been developed in close consultation with the relevant professional, policy and business communities and is intended to provide an intensive fast-track entry to a professional career. You will have the opportunity to study real estate with a specialism in either housing, international real estate, finance and investment, or regeneration to enable you to tailor your degree to a specific area of real estate surveying. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- If you plan a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Commercial Property or Valuation or Property Finance and Investment, Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is made for you.
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
- Specialist pathways will allow you to explore a particular area of real estate in more detail. You can choose from international real estate or real estate finance and investment.
- The programme is delivered using a combination of active learning methods and there is significant input from industry to our teaching programme through guest lectures and seminars.
- There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at Careers & Internship Marketplace and other recruitment presentations organised by the University. We will also support you to arrange professional work placements.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail and Battersea Power Station.
- This programme is professionally accredited by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'. Classes start September 2023 and you may be expected to attend induction sessions the week before.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant social science or quantitative subject (e.g. urban studies, law, management, economics, accounting and finance). If you are unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the programme convener to discuss. You are required to submit an admissions statement of around 500 words explaining why you want to undertake this programme at Glasgow. Please download and use our template for this. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.