This course is accredited by the University of Warwick OVERVIEW With more people than ever now aware of the link between an active lifestyle and good health, sports-related activities have become a booming business. If you want to boost your prospects of a career in this exciting sector, our Sports Management top-up degree course will arm you with the skills and knowhow needed to succeed. Designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject (up to Level 5), this course will enhance your personal leadership and project management skills for the sector as well as developing your knowledge of marketing and the rapidly-growing field of esports, enabling you to make the most of business opportunities in sport in the UK and abroad. Your learning will also be further enriched through a range of industry trips and visits from expert guest speakers. Throughout your studies, you will have use of our wide range of cutting-edge sports facilities at University College Birmingham, helping you improve your practical skills for the industry. As we are a higher education partner of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), you will also enjoy other benefits including CIMSPA membership upon your enrolment. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Residential visits – Boost your understanding of the global scale of sports business with residential trips to experience how sport operates abroad – past destinations have included Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Poland, with essential costs covered by the University
- Enrichment – Get out of the classroom and into industry with visits to Commonwealth Games venues, football stadiums and St George's Park (home of the FA), as well as hearing from top industry speakers
- In-depth research – Carry out your own research project and analyse an area of sports management that matches your interests and career aims
- Industry approved – Boost your employability by studying a course aligned with industry expectations, as well as becoming a CIMSPA student member when you enrol
- Award-winning university – Study at the highest-ranking university in the region according to student choice (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2023)
- Sports development officer
- Sports coach
- Performance analyst
- Fitness centre manager
- Event manager
- Marketing executive
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Management, Leadership and Coaching
- Sport and eSports Marketing
- Sports Management Project
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk TEACHING Example of a typical teaching week (up to 12 contact hours):
- Large group teaching – 6 hours
- Smaller group teaching – 3 hours
- Tutorials – 3 hours
- Coursework – 60%
- Practical assessment – 40%
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
- **Transferring from another university** At University College Birmingham, we consider applications from students who have studied, or are currently studying, a Higher Education course and now wish to transfer universities. - **What do I need to do?** To make an enquiry about studying at University College Birmingham, you will need to complete our online enquiry form -> **https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/ucb-direct-apply** Consideration for advanced entry will be dependent on the modules of your previous course, and how well this matches to the content of the course you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham. Additionally, the process will be dependent on the number of credits achieved on your current course. Where similar study is apparent, it may be possible for us to award Accreditation for Previous Learning (APL) and, therefore, advanced entry onto a course at UCB will be permitted. Please note; due to the nature of this process, all applications are considered on an individual basis.
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email: [email protected] EU/international students Academic: European and International qualifications studied in a relevant subject matter will also be considered applicants will need to have achieved 120 ECTS or equivalent (European Credit Transfer) If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email EU: [email protected] International: [email protected]
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|