Why choose this degree?
- Join an established provider with excellent reputation and industry links.
- Learn from a fully operational commercial farm demonstrating best practice in agricultural husbandry.
- Enjoy the opportunity to specialise in one of three pathways.
• LEVEL FOUR • Academic Skills • Industrial Experience • Fundamentals of Agricultural Science • Agricultural Mechanisation • Livestock Production • Crop Production • Farm Environment & Wildlife* • LEVEL FIVE • Industrial Development • Statistics and Research Methods • Agricultural Policies and Legislation • Farm Business Management • Livestock Nutrition* • Agronomy • Livestock Breeding & Welfare* • LEVEL SIX • Dissertation • Sustainable Agricultural Systems • Agricultural Business Development • Recent Developments in Agriculture • Advanced Crop Production (Optional) • Advanced Livestock Production (Optional) • Further Statistics • Professional Industrial Development
Final and in-session assessments feature in this programme, allowing you to develop research and study skills as well as technical and expert knowledge. Assessments include completion of a research dissertation, written assignments, presentations, project reports, practical based and online portfolios and examinations.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Successful completion of a NQF level 4 (Cert HE or HNC) or NQF level 5 (Dip HE, HND or FdSc) in a relevant subject. Please email [email protected].
Minimum requirement is 80 UCAS tariff points (dependant on qualifications). Students who successfully complete the FdSc may apply to 'top-up' to the BSc. We welcome applications from people with non-standard or international qualifications.
Additional entry requirements
GCSE Maths and English @ Grade C/4 or above (or level 2 equivalents)
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||Overall score of 6.0 with minimum scores of 5.5 in any of Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening (CEFR B2) www.ielts.org/about-ielts/ielts-for-migration/united-kingdom|
|Trinity ISE||Pass||Pass in each of Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening (CEFR B2) www.trinitycollege.com/qualifications/SELT/UKVI|
|PTE Academic||60||Minimum score of 60 or higher in each of Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening (CEFR B2) www.pearsonpte.com/selt-tests/pte-academic-ukvi|
We will also accept the following qualification: LanguageCert International ESOL SELT - minimum score of 33/50 in each of Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening (CEFR B2) https://www.languagecert.org/en/uk-visa-exams/study-in-the-uk
Please email [email protected] for details
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9800||Year 1|
Additional fee information
If your household income is under £32,960 you could receive a bursary of up to £750 per annum. This can be used to help towards travel costs, books and equipment or anything else that will help you during your course. Depending on the financial information disclosed in your Student Loan application, UCS may make an automatic bursary award based on specific criteria as set out in our Access and Participation Plan. If this is not the case you may still be able to apply for financial support to the UCS HE Hardship fund by completing a Bursary Application Form (available from end of |Term 1). For more information please [email protected].