Are you passionate about sport and fascinated by the science behind it? Are you driven to make a difference through sport and exercise? From boosting the performance of elite athletes to improving the quality of day-to-day life for the elderly, studying the Sport and Exercise Science BSc at Kent gives you the knowledge and experience needed to apply these skills in a fast-paced field. Our Year in Industry option gives you the chance to develop hands-on experience working in a professional environment and gain a competitive edge for future employment after you graduate. Our lecturers have vast research and applied experience in sports and exercise training, physiology, nutrition, biomechanics and psychology. Working with experts ensures you gain a good mix of theoretical knowledge and hands-on practice, in our first-class facilities and in the local community. We offer module options and placement opportunities which allow you to specialise and work towards your career goals and increase your employability. Reasons to study Sport and Exercise Science at Kent
- Our excellent facilities enhance your learning experience with hands-on practice in our laboratories and custom-built teaching spaces. Our public clinics provide the opportunity for applied real-world experience supporting athletes and the public.
- Our lecturers have top-level experience in their fields, having worked with the England Football team and Olympians, Science in Sport and Team Sky, as well as links with sports clubs and companies, the NHS and many sporting bodies.
- Canterbury campus is home to an outstanding sports centre and gym, outdoor pitches, indoor and outdoor tennis and netball courts and plenty of green space as well as more than 60 extra-curricular sports clubs.
- The programme is endorsed by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
- If you are already competing at county level or equivalent (at least), you can apply for a sports scholarship from the University.
- Sports Science at Kent scored 88% overall in The Complete University Guide 2023.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Direct entry into Year 2 of this programme is considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Kent
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Course contact detailsVisit our course page