Prepare yourself for a career in the increasingly relevant field of sustainability consultancy, through our industry-led Sustainability and Consultancy MSc. Sustainability is a hot topic. We know that we are facing issues such as climate change, problems caused by the production of waste, the loss of bio-diversity and many of these can be caused by our industrial and commercial activities. To meet the challenges of the future, we must address these issues. That’s why businesses and organisations across the world are looking for sustainability experts to help them reduce and mitigate their environmental and social impact. This course aligns closely with the challenges of sustainability and the skills that businesses and organisations need to tackle those challenges, with a strong emphasis on project skills. You'll be taught the principles of the field and have the opportunity to choose sustainability topics, which align to your specific interests, as you build up to a focused professional consultancy project in which you'll carry out discrete analysis with one of our industry partners. Specialist modules are delivered by academic staff, practicing consultants and other practitioners, giving you exposure to real-life, international case studies with a good understanding of the contemporary project and sustainability management techniques and solutions you'll need to become a leader in the field. Why study at Leeds:
- Benefit from the School of Earth and Environment’s active research environment, as well as our excellent links with industry, ensuring that course content is both research-led and relevant to the industry.
- Manage your own consultancy project, usually in the form of an engagement with a professional organisation, and build industry experience that’ll play a key role in your personal and professional development.
- Develop your own links in industry, utilising our network of external partners including consultancy providers such as AECOM, ARUP, Buro Happold, JBA Consulting, Jacobs, ERM, Mott MacDonald and WSP and undertake personal development workshops.
- Experience expert practical and theoretical teaching, delivered by a programme team made up of industrial partners and academics from the Sustainability Research Institute – one of the largest academic groups of sustainability experts in the world.
- Enhance your career prospects and join our successful alumni who have pursued careers in related positions, working for reputable corporations such as AECOM, ARUP, WSP Global and Bulb Energy.
- Join one of our societies, such as SusSoc, where you can meet like-minded people at events such as socials and sports.
You will be assessed through a variety of ways including both written and oral assignments and exams. And through individual and group work.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Environmental Management and Assessment, Institute of
A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a natural, environmental, physical, geographical, management or social science subject. This course is ideal if you have enthusiasm for environmental debate and concern over the future sustainability of human and environmental systems. You are also likely to benefit from this course if you have a background in other disciplines with relevant work experience in the fields of environment and/or development. Applicants with a 2:2, or equivalent, will be considered on a case by case basis where applicants can demonstrate relevant work experience or aptitude in a relevant specialist field. Graduates from other disciplines and those with professional experience in the sector will also be considered. We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For more information please contact the Admissions Team.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course