Reasons to choose Kingston
- Kingston University is ranked No.1 in London and No.7 in the UK for Midwifery (The Guardian University Guide 2024).
- Our students are highly sought after, 100% of students from this course are in highly-skilled employment within six months of graduating (HESA Graduate Outcomes 2018/19).
- We have a new dedicated midwifery simulation suite for you to practise your clinical skills.
- Our commitment to high quality teaching has been recognised with a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Gold rating. The University has received an overall rating of Gold, as well as securing a Gold award in the framework's two new student experience and student outcomes categories.
Example modules – Bodies and Birth – Midwifery Profession and Practice – Social and Political Context of Birth. For a full list of modules please visit the Kingston university course webpage.
There is a continuous assessment of theory and practice. This includes extended essays, examinations, reflective journal writing and projects.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Non-native speakers who do not have the equivalent of GCSE English at grade 4 (formerly grade C) (eg. Functional Skills Level 2 Literacy) require an IELTS score of 7.0 overall with 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other elements
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
IELTS: 7.0 overall with 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in all other elements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|