Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary
- Approach criminology from an academic and professional perspective.
- Engage with the criminal justice profession at home and abroad.
- Choose between a traditional dissertation or workplace consultancy in your third semester — preparing for employment or doctoral study.
- Study in the prestigious Helena Kennedy Centre of International Justice.
- Draw on contemporary and future developments in criminal justice.
- workshops on campus
- online support through the University's virtual learning environment
- teaching input from industry experts
- virtual lectures
- peer support
- guided reading
- student presentations
- individual student reflection on learning
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Compulsory modules Criminal Justice Leadership And Reform 30 Critical Inquiry In Criminology And Criminal Justice 30 Dissertation 60 Global Threats And Penal Policy 30 Elective modules Leadership, Innovation And Change Within Criminal Justice 30 Social Research Methods 30
Typically a degree in a relevant subject from a UK university or international equivalent or at least three years relevant professional experience. Applicants with a degree of less than a 2:2 (or equivalent) classification may be required to attend interview as part of the application process and make a commitment to engaging with study skills support as necessary as advised by the module team. If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS 6.5 score with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in all other skill areas or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.5 or equivalent we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS 6.5 score with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in all other skill areas or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.5 or equivalent we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Clearing contact details
0330 024 6390
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533