- Create professional and personal development opportunities for Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs).
- Empower SENCOs to develop, influence and lead practice and policy in their current and/or future contexts.
- Establish an authoritative voice within your school or setting founded on a broad and deep knowledge base.
- Enable SENCOs to challenge their own and others' values and assumptions through a critical evaluation of legislation, theory, policy and practice.
- Practice-based learning
- Written assignments
- Teaching/tutorial/study days
- Workplace evaluations
Compulsory modules Senco As Leader: People, Principles And Partnerships Senco As Manager: Evaluating And Developing Policy And Provision
To apply for this course you must have QTS, QTLS or EYTS and and have completed a period of induction. You must be a qualified teacher who is: • designated as the SENCO or • an aspiring SENCO or • an inclusion manager or • in a position to undertake the duties of a SENCO You also need a document from your head teacher supporting your application and to provide your sponsorship details - See website links on our website course page (shu.ac.uk). The course is designed for new SENCOs but we also welcome applications from experienced SENCOs. The SENCo Award must be achieved within 3 years of appointment to the role.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533