University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our courses have been designed to develop you as the psychologist of the future. From innovative and career-focussed assessments to understanding the challenges global societies will face in the future, including; artificial intelligence, automation and big data, your course will equip you with the skills and aptitude to make a difference, whilst providing you with experiential opportunities. Courses are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), putting you in a great position when you’re starting your career. Whatever your course (business, clinical, counselling, forensic, psychology or sport and exercise psychology), you will be taught by specialist practitioners whose work is underpinned by contemporary research. You will learn from real-world experience, share in cutting-edge research and experience a genuine taste of the work you could be doing after you graduate. You will also notice your lecturers have plenty of time for you – whenever you need help, you can arrange to see them. It’s something our students say they really appreciate. Your career in psychology starts here, and your lecturers will work with you to help you shape your career path in a variety of ways. They will recommend for example: further study (including our postgraduate courses in occupational, business, forensic and coaching psychology), opportunities for volunteering, and international experiences such as a year or semester abroad.ate. Key features
- A welcoming, professional community of students and lecturers, including the Worcester Psychology Society, with guest speakers, group trips, social nights and a peer mentoring scheme
- A personalised learning journey; choice of modules, skills development and personal and academic tutoring based as much on your career as your studies
- Modules and assessments designed with an emphasis on experiential learning which will help you be an active and passionate learner and to understand the challenges global societies will face tomorrow and how psychology plays a role in addressing these
- ‘Assessments for life’ designed to reflect the key skills that employers of psychology graduates value helping to increase your employability prospects and making you prepared for today, tomorrow and beyond
- Innovative and cutting-edge modules delivered by practitioners working in their specialist fields through research inspired and practitioner-based teaching
- Excellent facilities and links with national and local organisations, including the NHS, BPS, West Mercia Police Constabulary Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, Worcestershire County Council and HMP Aylesbury
- University of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards and UK Social Mobility Awards
- 1st for Quality Education - 2019 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Outstanding Support for Students - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction - 2019 National Student Survey
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- British Psychological Society
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||112 points|
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page