Nottingham Trent University has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
On this course you will investigate, develop and create meaningful and forward-thinking forms of visual communication, promotion and advertising. The focus is on the visual communication of brands through which innovative messages and narratives for products and services are built for the global fashion and lifestyle industries. Key features
- Work on live projects with brands such as All Saints, Boots, BMW, Levi, Speedo, Topshop, Reiss and Unilever.
- Enter industry competitions like L’Oréal Brandstorm and All Walks Beyond the Catwalk’s Diversity NOW! where our students have had great success.
- Benefit from the experience of guest speakers and visiting industry experts.
- Go on optional study trips to places like New York, Paris, Berlin, and Tokyo. Visit companies, exhibitions and trade fairs to learn about the international market.
- Apply for a European or international exchange to places like the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
- There is an opportunity to work on a student committee to plan, design and take part in events that promote your work including Zine fairs, degree shows and Graduate Fashion Week.
- Learn to use software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, so you can develop your creative ideas to communicate with consumers.
- NTU are ranked 16th in the UK for Fashion and Textiles. (The Guardian University Guide 2021).
- 90% of BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Promotion students would recommend studying at NTU to others. (National Student Survey 2020).
- Fashion Communication and Contexts (60 credit points, first half of the year)
- Fashion Promotion and Message (60 credit points, second half of the year)
- Applied Creative Process (40 credit points, first which half of the year)
- Creative Concepts and Professional Context (40 credit points, second which half of the year)
- Co Lab: Research, Exploration and Risk-taking (20 credit points, second half of the year)
- Optional module - you will also choose one 20-credit module from:
- Personal and Professional Practice (20 credit points, full year)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Clearing contact detailsOnline Enquiry Form
Our Clearing Hotline is opening hours are: Monday to Thursday 0930-1630; Friday 0930-1600 From 10 August we have extended opening hours: Tuesday 10 August 0830 - 2000 Wednesday 11 August 0700 - 1900 Thursday 12 August 0700 - 1900 Friday 13 August 0700 - 1900 Saturday 14 August 0900 - 1700 Sunday 15 August 1000 - 1400
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
+44(0)115 848 4200
+44 (0) 115 848 4200