Loughborough College has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
This three-year degree programme combines the study of sports science and management and is ideal for those individuals interested in adding breadth to their sports-based study. Studying a broad range of modules in the core sports science disciplines of physiology, psychology and sociology, along with essential management subjects including marketing, sports development and business enterprise, enables you to pursue your interests in both areas. Your learning will include lectures, seminars, online activities, workshops, practical tasks, laboratory skills, peer-group learning and independent study. Particular attention is paid to developing learning and academic skills required for success in higher education, such as becoming an independent, self-motivated learner. Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, refining your skills for your next steps. An academic tutor will work with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and academic progress. Features/Benefits
- Off-site induction and team building trips
- Opportunity to apply to present research at and attend the annual Student BASES Conference
- Gain work experience placements through the Loughborough Sport Coaching and Volunteering Academy, including sports science support, and events management
- Additional qualifications, workshops and courses, including coaching courses, first aid, safeguarding, and ILM Certificate and Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
- Full support to develop your own business idea via the Young Enterprise Start-Up Programme
- Compete for Loughborough University in BUCS competitions
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Loughborough College was awarded TEF Gold 2019.
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Year 1 modules: Sport and Exercise Psychology, Research and Academic Skills, Human Physiology, Introduction to Sports Management, Fitness Training and Testing and Sociology of Sport. Year 2 modules: Employability and Placement, Research Methods, Sports Development Planning & Practice, Marketing and optional modules: Contemporary Issues in Sport OR Psychology of Sport Performance and Sport and Exercise Physiology OR Strength and Conditioning. Year 3 Modules: Research Project, Business Enterprise, Strategic Management and additional optional modules. *Please note that these modules may be subject to change and are run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.*
Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, refining your skills for your next steps.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
|UCAS Tariff||96 points|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Maths Grade 4/C or above|
We welcome applications from mature students over the age of 21 and may be flexible in our normal offer if you show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7956||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£7956||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page