This three-year degree programme combines the study of sports science and management and is ideal for those individuals interested in adding breadth to their sports-based study. Studying a broad range of modules in the core sports science disciplines of physiology, psychology and sociology, along with essential management subjects including marketing, sports development and business enterprise, enables you to pursue your interests in both areas. Your learning will include lectures, seminars, online activities, workshops, practical tasks, laboratory skills, peer-group learning and independent study. Particular attention is paid to developing learning and academic skills required for success in higher education, such as becoming an independent, self-motivated learner. Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, refining your skills for your next steps. An academic tutor will work with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and academic progress. Features/Benefits
- Off-site induction and team building trips
- Opportunity to apply to present research at and attend the annual Student BASES Conference
- Gain work experience placements through the Loughborough Sport Coaching and Volunteering Academy, including sports science support, and events management
- Additional qualifications, workshops and courses, including coaching courses, first aid, safeguarding, and ILM Certificate and Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
- Full support to develop your own business idea via the Young Enterprise Start-Up Programme
- Compete for Loughborough University in BUCS competitions
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Year 1 Modules: Research and Academic Skills, Introduction to Physical Activity and Health, Foundations of Sport and Exercise Science, Introduction to Sports Management, Introduction Sport and Exercise Psychology, Sociology of Sport, Principles of Teaching and Coaching and Development of Modern Sport Year 2 Modules: Employability and Placement, Research Methods, Sports Development in Practice, Organisations and Management, Introduction to Marketing and includes optional modules: Issues in Sport and Exercise Psychology, Biomechanics of Sports Injuries, Physical Activity and Health Promotion, Strength and Conditioning, Contemporary Issues in Sport, Sport and Exercise Physiology, Pedagogy in Sport and Physical Education, Nutrition for Sports Performance and Talent Identification and Development. Year 3 Modules: Research Project and a range of optional units from Business Enterprise, Physical Education and Teaching, Global Sports Marketing, Applied Sports Psychology, Issues in Health and Elite Sport, Advanced Topics in Exercise & Health Physiology, Performance Nutrition, Applied Performance Analysis, Advanced Topics in Physical Activity and Health, Advanced Topics in Exercise Psychology, Advanced Topics in Sports Biomechanics, Strength and Conditioning Training, Sports Policy and Governance and Performance Physiology. *Please note that these modules may be subject to change and are run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.*
Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, refining your skills for your next steps.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
We welcome applications from mature students over the age of 21 and may be flexible in our normal offer if you show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8950||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£12500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£12500||Year 1|