It is a time of change in the travel and tourism industry. This innovative course – which also incorporates aviation – provides a wide-ranging understanding of the challenging global issues affecting travel and tourism. It also gives you the business and management skills you need to fly in your career whichever sector you go into. With its interdisciplinary approach this course offers a critical understanding of the global issues affecting how international tourism and aviation are organised and managed. It explores the industry’s 21st-century challenges of rapid growth the emergence of new destinations climate change and the ethics of managing a business in which the prime attractions include the natural environment and people’s culture. This course combines theoretical and practical knowledge of tourism and aviation management with topics including different aspects of management; marketing; heritage cultural social environmental and political issues; and sustainable development. It also builds your understanding of the nature structure and organisation of the aviation and airport industry. The University of Bedfordshire is a member of The Association for Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE). ATHE is the subject association for tourism in higher education in the UK. It represents universities that are leading providers of tourism programmes. Why choose this course?
- Develop management skills in travel aviation and tourism opening up a range of career paths
- Undertake a range of integrated project-based activities which set the tourism and aviation industry in the context of business
- Learn contemporary tourism and aviation ensuring you graduate with up-to-the-minute industry knowledge and news
- Investigate the sensitive and positive interactions between cultures and tourism and explore the sustainable aspects of international tourism in your final year
- Put theory into practice through workshops fieldwork practice weeks external visits and invited guest speakers from the tourism and aviation industry
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free year in industry building your experience and making contacts for the future
- If you need to step up into higher education start with a Foundation Year which guarantees your place on the degree course
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course