Overview Our Special Educational Needs, Disabilities, and Inclusion (SENDI) degree will prepare you for a rewarding career across services that support children, young people and families. The course will enable you to pursue roles in a variety of sectors, including Education, Health, and Social Care. This SENDI course provides academic study and experience for those who seek to understand the importance of meeting the needs of children, young people, and families through an inclusive approach to education. This course enables students to undertake research in the field of inclusive education, to learn to think critically about policy and practice in special educational needs and to be advocates for equality and disabilities. Our modules are predominately course subject-specific, teaching you relevant historical, political, psychological, and social aspects of Inclusive provision. You will have opportunities to make links with current practice including site visits and guest speakers. Key features
- Opportunity to explore SEN, disability and inclusion in a broad, imaginative and practical way, drawing on expertise across the university and beyond
- There is an array of diverse career opportunities that are enhanced from doing the SENDI degree at Worcester. These include SEND caseworker and specialist learning support assistant.
- You can go on to complete a Master's degree upon successful completion of the course, which can lead to many opportunities in Higher Education.
- Excellent teacher training progression opportunities: a 2.2 degree classification or above will enable you to be considered for an interview for one of our PGCE Primary courses, provided you meet the course prerequisites.
- We also offer a PGCE in FE (SEND) for those interested in teaching at Further Education
- Opportunities to work with other professionals linked to supporting children, young people, and families such as occupational health, speech and language therapists, and social workers.
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page