A Degree with a Foundation Year gives you guaranteed entry to an Undergraduate course. Whether you’re returning to learning and require additional help and support to up-skill, or if you didn’t quite meet the grades to pursue an Undergraduate course, our Degrees with Foundation Year provide a fantastic entry route for you to work towards a degree level qualification. With our guidance and support you’ll get up to speed within one year, and will be ready to seamlessly progress on to undergraduate study at Bedfordshire. The Foundation Year provides an opportunity to build up your academic writing skills and numeracy, and will also cover a range of subject specific content to fully prepare you for entry to an Undergraduate degree. This is an integrated four-year degree, with the foundation year as a key part of the course. You will need to successfully complete the Foundation Year to progress on to the first year of your bachelor’s degree. Why study a degree with a Foundation Year?
- Broad-based yet enough depth to give you credible vocational skills
- Coverage of a variety of areas typically delivered by an expert in this area
- Gain an understanding of a subject before choosing which route you wish to specialise in
- Great introduction to further study, and guaranteed progression on to one of our Undergraduate degrees
- The degrees offering a Foundation Year provide excellent preparation for your future studies.
- Business Practice Explored (BSS005-1) Compulsory
- Managing People In The Airline And Airport Industries (TAL036-1) Compulsory
- Structure And Development Of The Air Transport Industry (TAL035-1) Compulsory
- Using Data To Build Business Practice (BSS004-1) Compulsory
- Airline Revenue Management (TAL052-2) Compulsory
- Global Airline & Cargo Operations Management (TAL051-2) Compulsory
- Global Airline, Airport And Cargo Operations Management (TAL053-2) Compulsory
- Marketing Communications In The Digital Age (MAR021-2) Compulsory
- Marketing For The Air Transport Industry (TAL054-2) Compulsory
- Operations And Project Management (BSS027-2) Compulsory
- Strategic Airport Planning & Development (TAL050-2) Compulsory
- Strategic Airport Planning & Development (TAL055-2) Compulsory
- Aviation Law (LAW006-3) Compulsory
- Crisis Management And Communication (MAR026-3) Compulsory
- Critical Issues For Airlines And Airports (TAL039-3) Compulsory
- Managing Safety & Security For Aviation (TAL038-3) Compulsory
- Managing Safety And Security For Air Transport (TAL040-3) Compulsory
- PR Ethics And Csr (MAR015-3) Compulsory
- Preparation For Specialist Research Project (MAR029-3) Compulsory
- Research Methods (TAL034-3) Compulsory
- Research Project (TAL035-3) Compulsory
- Specialist Research Project (MAR030-3) Compulsory
Assessment incorporates the testing of presentation skills and communication, analysis and problem solving, effectively managing different viewpoints, in addition to subject knowledge breadth and depth. Assessment types include: presentations, report writing, exams, portfolios and research projects. These skills aforementioned are embedded in all their assessments to allow students to develop their employability skills from Level 4 to Level 6.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Applicants with other qualifications and/or work experience will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Bedfordshire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 3300 073