Gain extensive knowledge of probability and statistics. Combine this with pure mathematics or applied mathematics. This degree will equip you with problem-solving and decision-making tools. You’ll experience using statistical software and practise conducting and communicating statistical investigations. You’ll develop your understanding of time series analysis, multivariate data analysis, regression analysis, and hypothesis testing. You’ll also explore classical and Bayesian statistics. Key features of the course
- Build expertise in analytical approaches, classical and Bayesian statistics, and the underpinning mathematical theory.
- Focus on either pure or applied mathematics to fit your needs and interests.
- Practise conducting and communicating statistical investigations and using professional software.
- Start at a point that suits your level of mathematical knowledge.
- Move to a different mathematics degree, if your aspirations change, even after you’ve started.
This degree has three stages, each comprising 120 credits. You’ll normally start Stage 1 with a 30-credit introductory module followed by three further 30-credit modules in pure and applied mathematics and statistics. Next, in Stage 2, you’ll study two 30-credit statistics modules, and a 60-credit module in either applied mathematics or pure mathematics. Finally, in Stage 3, you’ll study three 30-credit statistics modules and complete your degree with a 30-credit mathematics module.
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification, but it’s very important you’re well prepared to study mathematics at this level.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course