Study in the USA for a year as part of your degree and develop, from the course, the skills needed for success as a global professional in the Creative and Performing Arts or in a literary career. On our innovative Drama and English Literature degree, you'll be taught by world-leading academics and theatre practitioners. On the UK-delivered elements of the course, you’ll spend half of your time at the Bathway Theatre in Woolwich - a specialist drama facility with six studios and a flexible theatre space - and half at Greenwich Maritime campus. As part of this course, you'll study literature, visual narratives, fiction and poetry. You can hone your performance skills through large-scale public productions and create your own Theatre Company in the final year. You’ll also get the chance on this course to study - in your third year - for a year in the USA, enhancing your global profile. What you should know about this course
- This course includes an embedded Study Abroad year at one of our partner institutions in the USA, allowing you to experience living and learning in the States.
- The course's UK-delivered modules combine theory and practice, so you can acquire expertise in performing, theatre-making, critical writing and public speaking.
- English literature modules, delivered in the UK, interpret the historical, social and cultural contexts in text, that includes drama, visual narratives and fiction.
- Have a look at our BA (Hons) Drama and English Literature course (3-years in duration), if you're looking for a Drama and English Literature course without a year abroad.
All degree courses are made of modules – individual units of study on different topics. Some modules are compulsory; others can be chosen from a list of options. Our website has full details of your degree structures. Module content, and how each is module is assessed. The direct link to this course on our website, can be found at the bottom of this page.
Each course has formal assessments which count towards your grade. Some courses may also include 'practice' assignments, which help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE English (Language or Literature) AND GCSE Maths at grade 4/C or above. We also consider equivalent qualifications in English and Maths at Level 2, in place of GCSEs
Additional entry requirements
Applicants to whom the university wishes to consider making an offer will first be required to participate in either an audition workshop or a virtual interview event depending on location/ circumstances.
English language requirements
For more information about our English Language Requirements, please click on the following link:
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Student Recruitment
020 8331 9000