Are you looking to making a difference in the rapidly evolving world of policing? This course will allow you to delve deeply into the justice system, different types of crimes and teach you how to make effective and dynamic decisions. The University of Cumbria is ranked 81.8% for overall student satisfaction (NSS, 2022) Designed and licensed by The College of Policing, you can be assured that you will graduate with all the skills required to gain a competitive edge when it comes to applying for graduate roles. Course Overview You’ll develop a firm foundation in the theory and practice of policing, while strengthening your skill set through supporting disciplines, such as criminology, the application of ethics and the interpretation of legislation and procedure. This programme delivers a curriculum set by The College of Policing, so you can be sure your learning will be of the highest calibre. Our dedicated and enthusiastic team come from a wide range of policing backgrounds, and their extensive knowledge is complemented by guest speakers from a variety of policing and criminal justice roles. Our licensed ‘pre-join’ degree is the go-to course to get you off to the best possible start in your policing career. On this course you will:
- Learn how to make effective and dynamic police decisions and solve problems.
- Learn the fundamental powers and procedures that Police Officers use every day.
- Have the opportunity and be supported in applying for the local Special Constabulary, providing you with real-world policing experience alongside your studies.
- Have the opportunity (if a serving Special Constable) to take part in our CATE-nominated Major Incident exercise. You will work alongside Forensic Science and Paramedic Practice students to develop your inter-professional skills.
- Understanding the Police Constable Role
- Policing Vulnerability in Contemporary Society
- Police Legislation
- Academic Study Skills and Applied Social Sciences
- Information and Intelligence
- Policing, Decisions and Ethics
- Professionalism, Values and Standards
- Vulnerability and Risk
- Specialist Procedures
- Operational Policing
- Academic Research Skills
- Criminological Concepts
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Response Policing
- Community Policing
- Police Investigation (specialism)
- Information and Intelligence (specialism)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Carlisle - Fusehill Street
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Cumbria
Clearing contact details
Clearing Call Centre
08081 787 373
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Centre
0845 606 1144