Develop strategic skills and learn how to use the marketing communications toolkit to the best effect for clients and organisations by developing persuasive communications and campaigns that draw on marketing, advertising, digital media, and PR. Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications at BU?
- Develop a critical understanding of integrated marketing communications that will enable you to adapt to a variety of roles in the industry
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- At the end of your first year you can choose which Marketing Communications course best suits you and your career interests
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
- You’ll be career-ready with 100% of our graduates in employment or further study after 15 months.
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work. As part of the Degree, you will study Principles of Marketing & Marketing Communications | Academic & Professional Practices for Marketing Communications | Contemporary Debates in Marketing Communications | Digital Essentials | Consumer & Stakeholder Insights | Integrated Marketing Communications | Marketing Communication in a Global Context | Research Principles and Practice | Content Creation | Brands & Branding | Customer Experience | Marketing Communication Campaigns in Practice | Strategic Marketing & Planning | Marketing Communications Portfolio | Academics or Consultancy Dissertation
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.