What makes an Integrated Masters in Human Biology at Worcester special? We are living through an age of unprecedented scientific discovery, with the mapping of the human genome and the potential of stem cell research revolutionising the understanding of how our bodies work and how we can have completely novel approaches to treating disease. We cannot even imagine the likely changes that we will see in our ability to treat disease and perhaps even prolong the human lifespan by thre end of the century and even in the short term the current revolution in our understanding will begin to impact our daily lives. By studying at Worcester, you can help shape this future. For this course, we have adopted a practical approach to learning, with brand new laboratories equipped with the latest technologies, so you can get hands-on with the topics that interest you the most. In your final year, you will carry out an independent research project to showcase your development and set you apart from other graduates. Key features
- Study for a four year Integrated Masters degree in Human Biology in a friendly and supportive environment with a strong emphasis on practical work
- Explore the wonders of the human body from genes, proteins and cells to physiology and disease.
- Shape a degree to suit you - build a firm foundation in core principles, whilst selecting from a wide range of optional modules such as microbiology, genomics & bioinformatics, parasitology and pharmacology.
- 90% of Human Biology students are in work or further study 6 months after graduating
- Follow your interests and career aspirations by choosing your research project. Recent topics have included studying binding properties of proteins in treatments of basal cell carcinoma, the effect of learning styles on children’s performance and understanding in learning, the effects of black tea on cardiovascular performance and the expression of proteins in response to cytomegalovirus infection
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course