Accountancy is a vital function in business, fulfilling a significant role in business development and profitability. At CU Coventry, we will aim to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skillset to help you get into the accounting profession. Alongside your learning, you will also get the chance to conduct critical research with our experienced staff, learn from guest visitors and take part in practical modules. This detailed course focuses on giving you the foundational knowledge needed for a successful career within accounting. The ability to produce quality financial data is integral to strategic decision-making and could ultimately be the reason a business thrives or dissolves. Because of this, accountants and financial officers are in demand in both the public and private sector, as well as in not for-profit organisations such as charities. A wide and varied industry, we will provide you with not only theoretical insights but the practical knowledge needed to effectively deliver financial services. This programme covers a comprehensive range of themes including, taxation, financial reporting, budget management and business operations. Due to the professional alignment of the programme, examinations will be a common feature when it comes to assessments. However, a variety of methods will be used, and you’ll be required to deliver reports, presentations, essays and project plans, both individually and within a group. Key Course Benefits;
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which was ranked 13th best university in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
- You will receive support with applying for short and long-term placements, to gain the experience employers desire, with our in-house Careers & Employability department.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in Coventry, London and Scarborough.
- In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
- This programme offers professional accreditations meaning you leave with multiple valuable professional qualifications in addition to the academic qualification. Holding professional qualifications can help you stand out from the crowd of recent graduates to prospective employers.
Your main study themes are: Language and practices: Understanding the main language and common practices used within accounting contexts. Understanding a number of alternative practices, such as recognition rules and valuation bases, approaches to control and decision making. Analytical tools and techniques: Theories and models of pricing, management decision making and performance. Using analytical tools and techniques, you will look at the key tools and techniques used to analyse organisational performance, prepare budgets and construct reliable forecasts. Legislation and governance: Assurance and professional ethics, the impact of civil law on business and professional services, company and insolvency law. Management and leadership: A solid knowledge of planning activities, competence reviews, monitoring performance, coordination of activities and effective communication. Accounting context: The role of accounting and finance, the accounting profession and the impact of the external environment. Also, core micro and macro-economic theory related to business objectives, functions and business structures. For more information about what you will study you will study, please visit our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- CU London (Dagenham)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University Group.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152