This final year top-up course is aimed at students from outside the UK with a business and marketing background. The course aims to enable you to top-up your existing qualification to a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree upon successful completion.
- Studied full-time over one year, the course focuses on marketing from a strategic perspective and in an international context. Incorporating language modules, it aims to improve your critical thinking, problem solving and language skills, while giving you the chance to deepen your understanding of marketing and its integration into corporate strategy and structure.
- Using real-life case studies and practical exercises, we will reflect on marketing thought and practice across the globe, analysing and discussing key managerial decisions on formulating and executing global marketing activities.
- You will have the opportunity to apply this marketing knowledge to international business situations, considering areas such as international trade and export, intercultural business communications and global diversity in business practice, ethics and culture.
- Preparing you for a variety of career options in marketing or general business management, this top-up course aims to boost your career prospects by achieving a globally recognised bachelor’s degree upon successful completion.
- Our teaching emphasises the holistic nature of marketing. We reinforce the core principles and functional elements of business, marketing and advertising, moving you towards more strategic practice in relation to analysis and evaluation, problem solving and creative solutions.
- You should also develop your proficiency in English, as you will have the opportunity to study specific English for Business modules and upon successful completion this will help to set you apart from other graduates.
- As experienced practitioners, many of our staff have spent time in industry prior to joining academia, in roles such as marketing executives, managers and directors of private and public sector organisations. Many are recognised both nationally and internationally in their respective fields of specialism, publishing their research in the highest quality academic journals, including Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, Psychology and Marketing and Journal of Consumer Behaviour to name but a few (please note staff are subject to change).
- To monitor emerging sector trends and challenges, there is a high degree of practitioner input. We aim to invite guest speakers from industry (subject to availability) to give talks about their experiences, which in recent years, has included speakers from McCann Erickson, ITV Studios, Millward Brown, Marstons and the Mixed Reality Studio among others.
Year one By studying this course, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of marketing, strategy and business English. By offering comprehensive modules, the course allows you to shape your marketing and business specialisms based on your areas of interest. Modules Global Marketing – 20 credits Strategic Marketing Planning – 20 credits Academic Report Writing for Business – 10 credits Academic Presentations for Business – 10 credits Brand and Corporate Communications – 20 credits Contemporary Service and Retail Marketing – 20 credits Globalisation in Emerging Markets – 20 credits We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated. Before accepting any offers, please check the website for the most up to date course content. For full module details please check the course page on the Coventry University website. *For further information please check the course page on the Coventry University website
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Successful completion of Years 1 and 2 of an equivalent course. All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|