The BA in Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) qualifies you to teach a diverse range of subjects from English, mathematics, science and computing to music, geography, art, PE and modern languages to children aged 5-11.
- Our Initial Teacher Training partnership provision is rated as Outstanding (Grade 1) by Ofsted - making us the only provider in Merseyside to achieve this result
- 95% of graduatees go on to work or further study within 6 months of graduating (Unistats 2018)
- You will be qualified to teach all subjects within the Primary National Curriculum as well as learning about the professional and legal responsibilities of being a teacher
- Hands-on teaching practice in primary schools across the North West region
- Training and mentoring from school teachers as well as University tutors
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Assessment will usually include a combination of exams and coursework. We recognise that all students perform differently depending on how they are assessed, and so we use a variety of assessment methods including coursework, assessed teaching sessions, group presentations individual presentations and some examinations. Constructive feedback is important in helping you to identify your strengths as well as areas that may need further attention, so this will be provided regularly as you progress through each module and following teaching practice.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in Science, English Language and Mathematics GCSE prior to application.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
Liverpool John Moores University
Egerton Court (Headquarters)
2 Rodney Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies
0151 231 3000