Overview Our course offers you the chance to study Contemporary British History at an advanced level in one of the top ranked History departments in Europe. You can choose from a wide range of options taught by experts in the field, covering British economic, social, cultural, political, military, imperial, and diplomatic history, as well as the history of British science, technology and medicine. Our course leads to careers in research, journalism, the civil service, politics, teaching and finance. Key benefits
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked in the top five in Europe (QS World University Rankings 2019).
- King’s graduates enjoy one of the best employment rates and starting salaries in the UK. Ranked 4th in the UK for graduate employability (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences hosted by the department and Kings Contemporary British History, at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
- Unique course ranging widely across contemporary history, historiography and research methods.
2:1 undergraduate degree in history, politics or a relevant discipline, eg public policy, law or social science. Evidence of achievement of an academic level comparable to at least 2:1 honours standard through past studies, and where previous study, work or experience (eg in government or NGO service) has made the applicant a suitable candidate, will also be considered. In order to meet the academic entry requirements for this programme you should have a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. If you are still studying you should be achieving an average of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course