This interdisciplinary course combines aspects of biology, ecology, geography, chemistry, technology, management and social science to help you understand environmental situations from all perspectives. This course will develop the scientific and technical knowledge and skills required to investigate ecosystems; to understand fundamental environmental patterns and processes; and to address local and global environmental issues. You’ll study the problems we face in understanding our natural environment and living sustainably. Key features of the course
- Investigates the complexities of the natural environment and our different relationships with it
- Explores the problems we face in living sustainably
- Develops your scientific, interpretive and creative thinking skills
- Includes practical fieldwork, which you’ll undertake during two residential schools
- Accredited by The Institution of Environmental Sciences and the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
This degree has three stages, each comprising 120 credits. You’ll start Stage 1 with two 60-credit introductory modules – one with a focus on environment and one with a focus on science. Next, in Stage 2, you’ll study two 30-credits modules and one 60-credit module. Finally, in Stage 3, you’ll study three 30-credit modules and conclude your degree with a 30-credit project module.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- Water and Environmental Management, Chartered Institution of
- Environmental Sciences, Institute of
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£20772||Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||£6624||Whole course|
|Republic of Ireland||£19944||Whole course|